Tuesday, October 1, 2013

critiques!

#1. This picture is pretty cool to me because of the action that is being captured. This is not an everyday image that you would be able to go out and randomly capture. I like how pretty much all of the photo is in focus. I also really like how the bear's hair is very clear and the detail can be seen. I also like the fact that you can see the eye of the fish clearly. I would hate to know what is going through the mind of that fish at this particular moment. The picture didn't load very well when I was trying to view it.

#2. I really like this picture because fall/autumn is my favorite season of the year. The vibrant colors of the changing leaves is captured in this photo. I like that it is bright and almost looks fake because of how bright it is. I like how the water looks. I'd like to go hang out in this picture. I thought of the rule that red is more attractive than yellow, which kind of made me laugh because I think in this instance, the yellow shown in this picture is attractive to me.

#3. I'm not a big fan of this picture because it looks pretty fake to me and I don't want to spend time looking at it like I do with other pictures. I like the contrast between the dark and light shades but I think the white on the right side of the picture is kind of distracting. I like the left side of the picture ten times better.

#4. I like the mountains in this picture, but the sky distracts me away from them. when I first look at the picture I see the white cloudy looking part of the background. It kind of takes something away from the starry blue/black night sky. The jaggedness of the mountains is definitely an eye catcher.

#5. I love the cool calming colors of this picture. I also like the levels that catch my eye. they start with the sky, then move down to the trees, then too the hilly areas, and then to the flatter parts.

#6. I really like this picture because I am drawn to bright colors. Every important part of this picture is clear and in focus. I like that the bird is centered in the photo and is large enough to fill the space. It definitely looks better than if the photographer hadn't zoomed in as closely to the bird. I also like how the branches go vertically and diagonally. I think that it helps to divide the picture and also helps your eye to move around and look at all parts of the picture.

#7. This is also a cool action photo but I don't like that the details of the bear's face cannot be seen. I also think that the water droplets might be a little to over exposed and draw attention away from the main subject of the photo. I like the rocks on the left with the moss on them, just wish that the bear was a little more sharp.

#8. In this picture my attention is drawn to the left half of the picture, which is unfortunate because the subject matter is located in the right half. The moose seems out of focus and is kind of in the dark so it is not focus on when someone is viewing the picture.

#9. I think that this picture is very awkward. I think that the position of the birds wings takes away from the fact that it is catching a fish. It also takes away from the intense look on the birds face. The picture could have also been a bit sharper.

#10. This picture seems pretty simple to me. looks like the rule of thirds was considered when choosing how to set up this shot. I almost like the upper half of the picture better than the whole. if you took out the bear sitting in the water and zoomed in to the bear in the background, it would be a pretty cool shot because of how the sky and the clouds look.

No comments:

Post a Comment