Tuesday, November 26, 2013

blog assignment

#1. This is a very unique picture. The water looks almost like clouds to me. Maybe it is clouds and not water... It's very hard to tell. I like the diagonal line that the mountains create in the photo, it reminds me of the slashing format in art when you are setting up a painting. I think that the photo effectively shows the steepness of the mountainsides and does them justice. It is a very nice picture, but I don't think that I would want a copy of it in my house. It just isn't super appealing to me.

#2. I really like the blues in this photo. They are very calm and appealing to the eye. I don't really like that the lower half of the picture is blurry. I think that the picture would look better as a whole if the entire thing was clear and detailed. Blur in pictures tends to give me a headache. I like the clarity in the rock, I think it makes it a more powerful image because the main focus is clear and detailed. This picture is kind of hard to look at for a long period of time.

#3. This is a pretty neat picture. I like animals in action. I would assume that a high shutter speed was used when taking this picture because of the clear image of the squirrel. My action shots usually end up being more on the blurry side which is frustrating. I really like the detail in the squirrels paws. I also like that the squirrel as a whole is the only not blurry part of the picture. In this type of picture I would say that it works because it allows you to solely focus on the subject and not the surroundings. In other pictures, blurriness can be annoying, like in #2 above. Seeing the detail in the hair of the squirrel is a nice touch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment